Design Miami/ invites the foremost design collectors and enthusiasts to interact with a diverse selection of exhibitions featuring rare works ranging from pioneering modernists to cutting edge contemporary designers.
Applications for Galleries to participate in the Miami fair in December 2020 are now open and are due on June 10.
Applications for Galleries to participate in the Basel fair in September 2020 are now closed.
Applications to participate in Curio at the Miami fair in December 2020 are now open and are due on June 10.
Applications to participate in Curio program at the Basel fair in September 2020 are now closed.
Services Site Login/
At the core of the Design Miami/ forum is a market place for collectible design, amidst which the most reputable international design galleries present curated exhibitions of museum quality furniture, lighting and objets d'art, attracting the highest level of private and public collectors of historical and contemporary design.
Design Miami/ strives to facilitate optimal conditions for all exhibitors and visitors to the fair, by cultivating a diverse selection of distinguished exhibitions. To achieve this goal, the fair relies on the support of the Design Miami/ Gallery Committee.
The Gallery Committee considers the following factors when evaluating exhibitor proposals:
• The design work handled by the gallery must have been produced between the turn of the 20th Century and the present day; preference is given to work that is exceptionally rare and historically significant. Work created prior to the 20th Century is considered at the discretion of the Gallery Committee.
• Eligibility for admission as an exhibitor is restricted exclusively to galleries. A gallery can be admitted only if it has been in existence for a minimum of two years by the date of the application deadline.
• The gallery must support a focused program, including regular curated exhibitions concentrating on a coherent body of work; preference is given to galleries that publish catalogues and organize educational and social public events.
• The gallery’s relationship with the designers it represents will be considered, including the duration of the collaboration and the gallerist’s track record in the market.
• The gallery’s application must convey a well-considered exhibition proposal for presentation at the fair. If the gallery exhibits at additional fairs, these exhibitions will be taken into consideration, as well as the exhibitions that take place within the home gallery space.
• The proposal submitted must contain a detailed description of the planned exhibition and images of distinctive works to be presented at the fair.
• All applicants must submit a completed application before the selection process, and in doing so, agree to comply with Design Miami/ Terms & Conditions.